Friday, September 13, 2013

Book Trailer Review: UNBREAKABLE by Kami Garcia

When Kennedy Waters finds her mother dead, her world begins to unravel. She doesn't know that paranormal forces in a much darker world are the ones pulling the strings. Not until identical twins Jared and Lukas Lockhart break into Kennedy's room and destroy a dangerous spirit sent to kill her. The brothers reveal that her mother was part of an ancient secret society responsible for protecting the world from a vengeful demon--a society whose five members were all murdered on the same night. 

Now Kennedy has to take her mother's place in the Legion if she wants to uncover the truth and stay alive. Along with new Legion members Priest and Alara, the teens race to find the only weapon that might be able to destroy the demon--battling the deadly spirits he controls every step of the way. 

UNBREAKABLE on Goodreads


There are times when live-action trailers really need help. However, this is not one of those times. The first line "I never believed in ghosts until one tried to kill me" immediately piques our interest (even if it is a little cliche). And the voice-over continues to give us hints of the story without making it too explicitly clear what the book is all about.

The actors are also pretty good. The girl isn't supernaturally (see what I did there?) gorgeous, and her voice is very fitting, with just the right amount of inflection to keep my interest. The bits and pieces of plot (the holy water, the crossbow, the ancient text and symbols, the two boys) give me just enough hints where I'm left with a sense of the world but leaving me wondering what more is to come.

The ghosts and kiss at the end leave me wondering who they encounter (and which twin she's kissing!). The music finale is perfect, with the lyrics ending on a perfect note: "Still you haunt me." How much more fitting can a book get?

Overall, this is a great trailer. I give it five stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment