Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday Music 15

Do you ever have those days where you have to remind yourself (almost constantly), that everything--and I do mean everything--in the book world is slow? Because when I'm on Twitter, I happen to scroll through and see agents talking about new clients, new mss, and I get sort of like this:


But I need to remind myself to stay calm, stay collected, because I want my best book to go out to the world, in the best way possible. I have to remind myself that I'm not the only one biting their nails as they stare at their book and think, "Please, please, someone like this! My blood and tears and sleep have gone into making this book beautiful. PLEASE." 


I mean, on a totally different side note, Sarah J Maas (her books...go read...now...coherent...what?) waited TEN years to get Throne of Glass as effing perfect as it is. 

So yeah. There's my first reminder of the day to KEEP CALM because good things come to those who wait. Which is very true, because now you get your Monday Music, the first of the new year. (See? Waiting is good.) This week's selection is the Main Theme of the Assassin's Creed Black Flag game. If you know my book, you'll know why I kind of love this song with a passion.


Happy Monday!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment