Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday Music 21

Hi, everyone.

Last week, I failed to post because I was out of town for the weekend and didn't get back in until midnight Monday, and after that, time just got away from me. It has a horrible tendency to do that.

Anyway, a quick update on writing is due, I think. This past week was the Blind Speed Dating contest, hosted by Cupid's Literary Connection. My Pitch Wars TeamPPU (Julie and Melody; you can find them under "My Awesome CPs" tab) and I all decided to enter, and this led to us being chosen by the bouncers! It was kind of crazy that all of us got picked, but oh so awesome.

After we were chosen, we had a day to spiff up our query and first 250 before Cupid posted them on her blog. (Here's mine, Julie's, and Melody's, as well as a writer friend Hannah's.) Then, there was a week for the entries to go up, during which the Honorary Cupids (aka the agents) were allowed to shoot entries with arrows, selecting either partials or fulls. All four of us got shot (never thought I'd say that and have it be a good thing). It kind of left us like this:


Now begins the wait as the agents read our manuscripts and get back to us. As for me and my writing, I haven't done much of anything due to homework taking up all my time, and when I do have time, I dedicate it to critiquing my CPs' manuscripts. (They're all awesome, by the way. I can't wait until they're published, so you can all share in the awesomeness.)

And I think that's about it. So, without further ado, here is your Monday Music selection! This week's is called Dark Doo Wop by MSMR. Hope you enjoy. 


Happy Monday!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment