Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday Music 23

Hi, everyone.

So I've been thinking about doing this for a while, and I think it's finally time I decided to do so. And the thing I've been thinking about is taking a break from social media--all of it.

Don't get me wrong, I like Twitter and I'm a little obsessive about my email (even though my inbox scares me right now), but I've begun to notice something. The more time I spend on it, the more stressed out and depressed I feel. Weird, right? I mean, we go on social media to connect with people. I've met some AMAZING friends through Twitter and stay in contact with my critique partners and writer buddies through email.

But there has to come a time where I learn to draw a line, and I think this is finally it. So for the next week, I'm planning on staying off Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook (though I'm hardly ever on there to begin with), and email. (Although, since I'm still a querying writer, I'll check my email in the evenings only).

And I think this comes at a perfect time. I'm currently doing Lent (and if you don't know what that is, a quick Google search will clear up any confusion) so it seems like the perfect time to step back from social media. I want to get some writing done, some critiquing done, some for-fun reading done! My TBR pile is monstrous!

So this is my sayonara! My hasta la vista, baby. My adieu to you, and you, and you (at least for a week). I hope, after this hiatus, I'll come back feeling refreshed and relaxed and ready to keep going with writing and all school-related things.

And now, without further ado, here is your Monday Music selection! This week's is called Eidolon by Fired Earth Music. Hope you enjoy!


Happy Monday!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment