Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday Music 26

Do you ever get scared of change?

I've been thinking about that a lot lately, what with this summer coming up and things (hopefully) changing for the better. My best friend has applied to University of Las Vegas for fall 2014 and I'm transferring to Virginia spring 2015. It will be the first time either of us has been away from our families and each other for a long period of time--and believe me, this is going to be a long time. What we both want out of life are in far different spectra of the world.

This summer, we wanted to hang out a LOT because, as stated above, we won't be able to anymore once we transfer, depending on how future summers turn out to be. But I've applied to out of state summer jobs that I'm praying I get, and they would keep me away from home from May to September, maybe even October. Now, for those who may not be sure, most colleges and universities start their semester in mid to late August. That would mean by the time I come back, my best friend would be gone.

Isn't that scary to think about? The person who's been there through thick and thin (excluding my family, but please don't think they haven't been there, because they have) will no longer be a mere short drive away. She won't be able to come over for cookie dough and James Bond marathons. Sure, we can call, but we'll be in entirely different time zones. Most of the year, I'd be three hours ahead.

But something I've realized and am holding onto as tightly as possible is this: Change brings about new normals. So sure, I won't have the same things I used to, but I'll make new friends and new memories and discover new things I didn't even know were available to me. And that's what's most important.

Now, without further ado, here is your Monday Music selection! This week's is called Tocs the Wanderer by Applauzium. Hope you enjoy!



Happy Monday!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment