Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Monday Music 60 on a Tuesday

So Monday kind of got away from me. Mondays have a way of doing that, methinks. But I have a perfectly legitimate reason! Two CPs got back to me with notes on my manuscript THE WAYWARD DARK AND NEARLY FORGOTTEN on Sunday, so I've been editing nonstop. The book is so pretty, if I do say so myself.

On another note, if you haven't yet read BOOMERANG by Noelle August (the pseudonym of Veronica Rossi), you need to fix that ASAP. It's a New Adult contemporary, so not usually my cup of tea, but I read the first chapter before I bought it and fell in love. I bought it months ago, and I'm honestly not sure what took me so long to get to it! Because I inhaled it in one day. I stayed up way late to finish it and I'm still thinking about it days later. In fact, I'm hoping to re-read it, despite my teetering TBR pile! It's a fabulous addition to the New Adult genre. I definitely recommend it!


Mia is someone I can relate to, despite our somewhat different circumstances, so it made it easy to get into her head. And then Ethan, the other point of view, was swoonworthy.


Now, without further ado, here is your Monday Music selection. Because I'm talking about a genre that's not epic fantasy (*gasp* THE HORROR!) I thought I'd share a song by an artist I recently discovered, because it's not really a song that inspires the fantasy in you. (Although, it is on my Wayward Dark playlist...) It's called Moments by Tove Lo. Go listen. Go read the book. I'll wait here to squee with you.


Happy Tuesday and Thanksgiving!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment