Sunday, February 22, 2015

Terrible Titles Blog Hop

My wonderful friend and critique partner Julie Dao (who just recently signed with an agent!) tagged me in this crazy blog hop weeks ago. And, like a dolt, I just noticed it! But better late than never, I always say, so without further ado...

The rules: Writers scroll through their manuscript and stop in random places. Whatever words/phrases the cursor lands on becomes one of the eight terrible titles.


Here are the terrible titles for my manuscript, THE WAYWARD DARK:

1) ARMOR FIRST
2) THERE'S ANOTHER CORPSE IN THE VALLEY
3) A WHIRLWIND OF SHADOW CAUGHT HER EYE
4) THEN WAIT TILL I'M ACTUALLY OFF GUARD
5) NO, I'M TRAINING TO DIE
6) A BEAUTIFUL CORPSE
7) DO YOU REMEMBER THE FIRST PERSON YOU KILLED?
8) I MUST BE A GOOD KISSER

So after putting together these titles, I realize how my book might seem...Yes, it's quite dark, but believe me when I say there are some happy times, too. (Just look at number eight!)

I think my favorite titles might be NO, I'M TRAINING TO DIE and I MUST BE A GOOD KISSER. And it totally doesn't have everything to do with the two characters who say these things.

And now I tag my lovely, lovely close friend and critique partner Sarah Glenn Marsh. Her book FEAR THE DROWNING DEEP is coming out from Sky Pony Press March 2016! Be sure to check it out.

1 comment:

  1. HA! Great titles. I like THERE'S ANOTHER CORPSE IN THE VALLEY!

    ReplyDelete