Monday, October 26, 2015

#PitchWars Mentee Interview - Terry Bell

Hi, everyone!

This is the next interview for the mentees of Pitch Wars! It will be a series through the month of October, so be sure to check back to learn a bit more about some of the mentees and their Pitch Wars stories so far!

In case you're curious about what Pitch Wars is, learn more here

What is your name? Your mentor’s name? Your team name?
I'm Terry Bell, my mentor is L.L. McKinney, and we are Team Catalytic Chaos!

What is your Twitter handle?
@what_eats_owls

Describe your manuscript in tweet-like format (no more than 140 characters).
Two dangerous teens in a wartorn Empire. Her lost past could salvage his bloody one - if they can survive both their enemies and each other.

What is the #1 thing you’ve learned so far in Pitch Wars?
That there are people out there as unflinchingly masochistic as I am!

What is your guilty pleasure food/drink when writing?
Ben and Jerry's. So, so much Ben and Jerry's.

What is the theme song for your MC(s)? Why? What about for your villain(s)?
Oh boy. My female MC gets "Castle" by Halsey, because 'there's an old man sitting on the throne that's saying that I probably shouldn't be so mean' is just so *subtle*, you know? Just kidding, it's about as subtle as a brick to the face, which fits my female MC about right. My male MC is a "Run Boy Run" kind of boy, because it's the perfect blend of "it might be okay tomorrow" and "get me out of here", which fits! The villain has always been Beethoven's 7th for me, because she's a snob like that.

You're stranded on a desert island. You have no provisions, but you are with three of your favorite characters (either in your MS or elsewhere). They each promise they can help you survive. Who are they?
Fie, from my current WIP, who knows a good deal about surviving out of doors without a lot of materials on hand, so I'd trust her. (Also she's got a rotten poker face, so I trust that too.) Julius Starling, from my Pitch Wars MS, is a stone-cold badass and knows a piece about survival too, so I'd keep him around. And Annie Murrieta, from a project I will someday tackle again. She is entirely untrustworthy. I'm pretty sure I've described her as an apex asshole, with no natural predator, so I guess she's got that going for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment